Thursday, January 21, 2010

Celiac Cake What Is Gum Paste (for Cake Decorating) Made Of?

What is gum paste (for cake decorating) made of? - celiac cake

I have celiac disease, which means he can not contain gluten, which is in wheat, rye, barley and oats.

I found a gluten-free baking mixes) very good (and I really decorate a few cakes. I love these beautiful carvings, I have learned, is usually of rubber paste.

I have not been able to find a list of ingredients. Also, the site of Wilton does not say. Has anyone a container of the powder mixture and / or gum paste are prefabricated ingredients? Or any other person that intolerance to gluten, which has experience with it?

Thank you!

Nancy

2 comments:

Deb said...

The decorative icing of the cake appears free of gluten countrymen, click the forum link below.
To get your own ...
Link
... http://www.wilton.com/yearbook/productin
You have a recipe for gum paste in the bottom of the page.
The ingredient is described in connection tragacanth after the penultimate link via Wilton.

REnate said...

Gennerally not rubber tragicanth

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/gumpas ...

Post a Comment